top of page
PAST BOOK EVENTS
- Tue 28 Mar28TueMarRENO, NV - The High Desert Book TalkMar 28, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDTRadical Cat book Store, 1717 S Wells Ave, Reno, NV 89502, USA
- Mar 25, 2:00 PM PDTCentral Library - Mark Taper Auditorium, 630 W 5th St, Los Angeles, CA 90071, USAEVENT SOLD OUT - See below for youtube streaming link.
- Thu 02 Mar02ThuMarSEATTLE - EMERALD CITY COMIC CONMar 02, 10:00 AM – Mar 05, 5:00 PMSeattle convention center, 705 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101, USAThis is the third biggest comics convention in the United States. I'll be doing two panels. Find me in the artist alley.
- Feb 24, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ESTBundy Museum of History and Art, Annex B, 129 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905, USAFREE, ALL AGES, 20th Anniversary screening of the legendary documentary AFRO-PUNK, with special guest, director James Spooner! After the film, there will be a community discussion and Q&A led by SUNY Broome Nursing Program graduate and Binghamton’s own Jessica Steele (LadyFest, Femmefest)!
- Fri 24 Feb24FriFebBINGHAMTON NY - book talk / slideshow - EARLYFeb 24, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ESTBinghamton University, 4400 Vestal Pkwy E, Binghamton, NY 13902, USAJoin us at the Binghamton University Union, Room 111 (UU 111) on Friday, February 24th for an afternoon with artist, filmmaker, and writer James Spooner, where he will be reading from, talking about, and signing his new graphic novel memoir High Desert: Black. Punk. Nowhere. FREE
- Thu 23 Feb23ThuFebITHICA / Cornell - BOOK TALK w/ the Author - FREEFeb 23, 4:00 PMKlarman Hall, Rhodes-Rawlings Auditoriu, Klarman Hall, 232 E Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850, USAFrom James Spooner, the co-founder of the Afro-Punk Festival, comes a stunning graphic memoir of his coming-of-age in a miserable desert town in California in the early 1990s. Hear him read and talk about it.
- Wed 22 Feb22WedFebBALTIMORE - Punk show / book talk w/ PEARL $5/$10Feb 22, 7:00 PM ESTM.A.P. Technologies, 322 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USAHigh Desert Book talk with James Spooner Live performance by hardcore band - Pearl
- Sun 12 Feb12SunFebSEATTLE - Black Storytelling in Graphic NovelsFeb 12, 7:00 PM – Mar 01, 6:00 PMM. Rosetta Hunter Art Gallery, Seattle, WA 98122, USAThe M. Rosetta Hunter Gallery in partnership with the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) at Seattle Central College honors Black History Month with the art exhibition: Black Storytelling in Graphic Novels.
- Thu 02 Feb02ThuFebRIVERSIDE CA - BLUEPRINT - Art showFeb 02, 6:00 PM PST – Mar 25, 6:00 PM PDTPAIN SUGAR GALLERY, 3635 9th St, Riverside, CA 92501, USAWhat is often seen as “American” or “Western” culture is actually Black culture.
- Sat 10 Dec10SatDecONLINE - Author Talk with the New York Public LibraryDec 10, 2022, 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM ESTAuthor TalkThis event is online only. Come join us at the New York Public Library as we celebrate our 2022 Best New Comics for Adults list! Joining us for an author talk will be James Spooner, the author & artist behind The High Desert: Black. Punk. Nowhere.!
- Sun 04 Dec04SunDecLOS ANGELES - PERMANENT DAMAGE MINI COMICS FEST w/ BANDS! - $5Dec 04, 2022, 12:00 PM – Dec 05, 2022, 10:00 PMPermanent Records Roadhouse, 1906 Cypress Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90065, USA22+ artists tabling! Live Readings and 6 bands!
- Dec 03, 2022, 6:00 PMRobinson S.P.A.C.E., 104 Robinson St, Los Angeles, CA 90026, USAAfro-Punk Screening, Book talk with Carolina Hidalgo from the No Dogs in Space Podcast! Fund Raiser for LA Zine Fest $10-25 sliding scale
- Sun 20 Nov20SunNovSAN DEIGO - BEER COLLAB W/ BLIND LADY ALE HOUSE - FREENov 20, 2022, 7:00 PMBLIND LADY ALE HOUSE, 3416 Adams Ave, San Diego, CA 92116, USASunday at 5pm we’ll tap High Desert IPA and have Afro-Punk on the big screen. James will be hanging out at BLAH with books, dvds, posters and more. Grab a High Desert IPA, buy a gook, watch Afro-Punk on the big screen, listen to punk rock vinyl and have fun.
- Nov 18, 2022, 7:00 PM – Nov 19, 2022, 10:00 PMHeavy Manners Library, 1200 N Alvarado St, Los Angeles, CA 90026, USAA comics reading with James Spooner and others
- Nov 11, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM UTCGlasgow film theatre, 12 Rose St, Glasgow G3 6RB, UK20TH ANNIVERSARY: AFRO-PUNK + DIRECTOR Q&A
- Sat 05 Nov05SatNovSEATTLE - SHORT RUN COMIX and ARTS FESTNov 05, 2022, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM PDTfisher pavilion, 305 Harrison St, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
- Oct 15, 2022, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PMFletcher Free Library , 235 College St, Burlington, VT 05401, USAMore TBA
- Fri 07 Oct07FriOctCOLUMBUS, OH - Cartoon Crossroads (CXC)Oct 07, 2022, 11:00 AM CDT – Oct 09, 2022, 5:00 PM CDTCartoon Crossroads, 4364 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, USAJames Spooner will be in attendance vending and doing talks. Oct 7 - 9
bottom of page